2020 has been a year filled with curveballs. Many people have postponed their events such as weddings and various ceremonial gatherings. The education sector in the country has not been left behind. This year’s calendar is a bit different from the previous years. Here is all you need to know about getting matric results.
Previously, scores have been announced shortly after the New Year celebrations, but the school year has changed dramatically in 2020 due to the pandemic. The Education Department announced that candidates would complete their matric exam by December 15th 2020.
Marking of the exams is scheduled to commence soon after and will end on January 22nd 2021. Therefore, DBE will release the long-awaited matric grades on February 23rd, 2021.
How to get your matric results 2021
There are many ways to check your matric result. You can get your result in the traditional way or through the newspaper. But due to the pandemic, you do not need to go to your school or a government education office to get them. Below are the easiest ways you can get your exam marks.
Through a mobile phone
You can access your grades by dialling a USSD code using your phone or by sending an SMS to the provided number:
- The USSD code is *120*35658#. Follow the steps provided, enter your ID number and get your results per subject.
- When you register for matric results using the SMS, send your ID and exam number to 35658.
- You will receive a confirmation message with your marks.
- For the mobile phone service, charges are applicable.
Through the news websites
You can also get your matric scores from online news websites. Some websites publish the scores on the day the government releases the grades. However, they are not full grades and will only let you know whether or not you have passed. Two of the most accurate online news websites that you can check your matric results is Matricresults.news24.com and matric.sowetanlive.co.za
How to check matric results online
If you are wondering how to view matric certificate online, the process is straightforward. We have the full details on how to check online matric results 2021. The government posts the results through the Department of Basic Education website: education.gov.za.
Follow the steps below to get your marks:
- Visit the government website above.
- Register using your details. (Please note you can only register for matric results until February 22nd the day before the marks are released).
- Click on the link for 2020 NSC exam results.
- Enter your examination number.
- Your results will appear on the screen.
- Click the download button and print.
Other than the above methods, you can also call the Department of Basic Education when the results are released. However, it might be a while before you get your grades through these means since many students will be calling the department to get their scores.
From your school
You can also visit your school to get your scores. These will be your marks per subject. However, these are not the official marks, but you can get the printed grades after a few months.